KontrolFreek is an innovative, high-growth Performance Gaming Gear™ company that gives video gamers of all levels a competitive edge. Incorporating the latest in ergonomics and advanced materials, the company’s Xbox, PlayStation and Switch accessories are trusted by professional gamers and acclaimed by critics and consumers alike. KontrolFreek is headquartered in Midtown Atlanta.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development, the Associate Product Manager (APM) is responsible for supporting the product development lifecycle by collaboratively working with cross functional teams to drive new product launches and maintain the existing product portfolio. The APM will ensure goals are accomplished within appointed timeframes, cost targets and budget parameters.
- Assist the Directors of Product and Brand to develop and optimize the product roadmap to align with company initiatives, maintain innovative positioning, brand alignment, drive sales and meet growth targets.
- Understand the KontrolFreek customer as well as the relevant marketplace; leverage knowledge of trends to develop and optimize products, categories and assortments.
- Manage, track and allocate product samples and submissions through each stage of the development process.
- Act as liaison between internal teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Create and maintain product development schedules using web-based project management software.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate product documentation and manage digital assets.
- Analytical abilities that are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You use logic and expertise to drive solutions and can think critically to make well-reasoned and rational decisions.
- Communication skills to communicate clearly, concisely and with impact. You convey confidence, ease, enthusiasm and promote a free flow of information throughout the organization.
- Accountability to take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding on commitments. You hold yourself, team, partners and suppliers to the highest standards of performance.
- Problem Solving skills that allow you to analyze a situation, understand it, and come up with an action plan.
- Creative Thinking to look at things in new, unorthodox ways to come up with solutions that no one previously thought of.
- Willingness to push the company to take risks and try new things towards the goal of building a best-in-class product portfolio.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in business administration or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the consumer products space; 2+ years in a position with direct work taking product from inception to launch.
- Exceptional skills managing suppliers of all shapes and sizes across a variety of geographies and industries.
- Thorough understanding of project management practices and tools. Project management certification a plus.
- Familiarity with web-based project management software Wrike.
- Interest or experience in the Gaming industry; Knowledge of video games and accessories preferred.
To Apply: Please respond to the job posting with both a resume and cover letter in Word format.