KontrolFreek is the creator of Performance Gaming Gear and the leader of FreekNation, a global community of more than four million gamers. By combining the latest in ergonomics and advanced materials, the company's lines of Performance Thumbsticks, Performance Grips, Gaming Cables, and other high-quality products enhance the player experience by maximizing comfort and precision. KontrolFreek's products for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC are available in more than 9,000 stores across 40 countries. KontrolFreek is headquartered in Atlanta.
KontrolFreek is looking to add a talented, highly analytical individual to our team to help us plan our product distribution across a growing number of channels globally. As the team’s lead demand planner, you will play a key role in ensuring operational and financial success for the organization and will play an influential role, as our team is challenged to scale at the pace of the company’s overall growth.
The Demand Planner articulates the consensus demand forecast to provide the most accurate estimate possible for future sales. This role is responsible for developing an overall Demand Plan that will enable KontrolFreek to meet sales and service objectives at all accounts and across all channels. The team member will collaborate with other members from our production & operations teams, retail & distribution accounts, marketplace channels and our site & marketing teams to ensure all variables that affect demand are included in the plan. This individual is an expert at applying statistical forecasting techniques to drive high forecast accuracy and optimizing product allocation.
- Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecasts across all product categories. Continuously update this forecast based on evolving market and KontrolFreek factors/trends.
- Incorporate all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, industry events, market trends, seasonality, promotions, account POS, and inventory levels).
- Monitor and analyze sku-level sales performance by retailer, by marketplace, by territory, and by product category. Provide observations & recommendations to all stakeholders.
- Measure relevant KPIs. Identify and communicate opportunities and risk regularly in forecast reporting.
- Assist in managing inventory and sales reporting throughout 15+ marketplaces globally
- Critically examine forecast for risks and opportunities. Elevate these during consensus discussions and contribute to proactive mitigation/realization plans as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Production & Operations Team to ensure successful inventory management throughout the item lifecycle.
- Assist in planning assortment and promotional strategies based on inventory projections and supporting analysis.
- Utilize and contribute to the continuous refinement of standard operating procedures for demand planning techniques, processes, and systems.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work-related experience is required.
- Prior experience in consumer goods demand planning required.
- Prior experience in demand planning, product planning, production control, inventory management, or production/manufacturing operations in other categories is a plus.
Critical thinking and analytical skills to interpret data and draw actionable insights
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of proficiency in working with numbers.
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong mathematical abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work successfully with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of the vendor/retailer relationship
- Loves data!
- Interest and knowledge of video games a plus
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Tableau
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software preferred
- Familiarity with Amazon Seller Central, Walmart Retail Link or other retail planning interfaces a plus
- Experience with database applications (Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server, etc.) a plus