KontrolFreek is an innovative, high-growth Performance Gaming Gear™ company that gives video gamers of all levels a competitive edge. Incorporating the latest in ergonomics and advanced materials, the company’s Xbox and PlayStation accessories are trusted by professional gamers and acclaimed by critics and consumers alike. KontrolFreek is headquartered in Midtown Atlanta.
Responsible for developing and executing commercial marketing strategies with KontrolFreek’s domestic and international retail partners, which includes management and measurement of a trade marketing budget. Supports global sales team and retail partners to deliver on corporate sales goals and initiatives.
• Planning & Budgeting: Manage MDF and promotional trade budgets for all retail accounts. Forecast marketing spends monthly, quarterly and annually by account and territory.
• Asset Management: Own the process by which we disseminate product assets and information to retail and distribution partners. Work with sales and design team on the creation of standard and custom assets, and manage process and deadlines with customers.
• Promotions: Plan, schedule and execute retail promotional activities for new and catalog products. Work with Global Retail Sales Director and Sales Analyst to forecast promotional sales and BER expenditures; measure ROI per promotion.
• Integrated Marketing: Ensure all brand campaigns and licensor marketing initiatives are integrated with all KontrolFreek marketing efforts through retailer doors. Act as the voice of Sales in all marketing-related meetings.
• Marketing: Become our expert at implementing a range of marketing vehicles available through retail channels, including in-store, online, direct, social, staff, events, partnerships, print, retailer-specific consumer marketing programs, retailer education programs, and more.
• Selling Materials: Spearhead the creation of presentations for customer line reviews and partner pitch decks. Work with Marketing to develop selling tools and work with Global Retail Sales Director to customize as needed.
• Compliance Audits: Conduct bi-weekly audits of all retail customer web sites to ensure content completeness and accuracy and regular local store checks to assess retail compliance on product placement and marketing activities.
• Events: Spearhead company involvement in retailer store employee and consumer events, including all sign-ups, booth activities, on-site sales operations & merchandising.
• Partnerships: Work with external promotion and licensing partners to coordinate promotions at retail, dot-com and marketplace channels.
• Competitive/Industry Intelligence: Maintain expert knowledge of the industry, external partners, buyers and competitors, and develop a consistent means by which this information is shared internally. Stay in tune with what competitors are doing in gaming accessories/ peripherals and what type of presence exists for key software and hardware releases.
• Training: Design and implement store associate training programs with key retailers.
Desired Skills, Experience & Attributes
The most prepared candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience working in a sales support or trade marketing capacity. This self-motivated individual will be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Keys to succeeding in this role will include knowledge of the vendor/retailer relationship, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and memorable follow up skills. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, proficient knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint is expected, and intermediate experience using Excel is a big plus. Fluency in a second language and/or Photoshop experience could also help this candidate take this role to the next level. Interest in and knowledge of video games will help this person continue to thrive in our organization.